Tescan LYRA-3 Model GMH Focused Ion Beam Microscope
- Schottky Field Emission Electron Source
- SE, BSE detectors
- STEM (dark and bright field imaging)
- EBIC imagining system (electron beam induced conductivity)
- Fully integrated Canion Ga LMIS Focused Ion Beam column
- 5-Reservoir Gas Injection System: W deposition, Pt deposition, Insulator (SiOx) deposition, Enhanced Etching (H2O), Enhanced or selective etching of Si, SiO2, Si3N4, W (XeF2)
- SmarAct 3-axis (XYZ) Piezo Nanomanipulator and controller
- Beam Deceleration Mode for imaging at low voltage
- Standard EDS Microanalysis System with X- MaxN 50
- FIB milling (etching) or FIB deposition of well-defined micro and nano structures
- Milling surface cross section to investigate the structure or composition
- Preparation of TEM lamellae and in-situ lift out
For training on this instrument, please contact Dr. Andrew Mott.
For training on the FIB, please contract Dr. Sisi Xiang.