Tescan FERA-3 Model GMH Focused Ion Beam Microscope
- Schottky Field Emission Electron Source
- SE, BSE detectors
- Integrated Plasma Ion Source (Xe) Focused Ion Beam (FIB)
- DrawBeam Basic Electron and Ion Beam Lithography Software
- Motorized Retractable Panchromatic Cathodoluminescence Detector (350 nm – 650 nm spectral range)
- MonoGIS Gas Injection System (Platinum)
- Standard EBSD with a NordlysNano high sensitivity camera and 3D EBSD capabilities
- Integrated Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer (TOF-SIMS)
- Fast FIB milling (etching) or FIB deposition of well-defined micro and nano structures
- Milling surface cross section to investigate the structure
The procedure for booking a training session for the FERA-FIB:
- Book a Pre-Training Meeting with both Dr. Sisi Xiang and Dr. Andrew Mott.
- Set up an iLab account with the MCF by user and PI.
- You will be contacted once your iLab account has been set up.
- Set up the time for actual training between 9:30 am to 12:30 pm; 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm, M-F with the Dr. Xiang or Dr. Mott.