The in situ PI 95 TEM/PI 85 PicoIndenters are full-fledged depth-sensing nanoindenters capable of direct-observation of nanomechanical tests inside the TEM and SEM respectively. Both PicoIndenters provide quantitative force-displacement data which can be time-correlated to real-time events in the TEM/SEM videos.
Key features and applications for PI 95 TEM
- MEMS transducer for in situ indentation and scratching capabilities.
- Direct observation of deformation events such as phase transformations, dislocations bursts, and the onset of fracture.
- Q-Control to dampen transducer oscillations.
- 1000 µN maximum force; 2 µm maximum displacement.
Key features and applications for PI 85 SEM
- Electrostatic actuation and capacitive displacement sensing transducer technology.
- Load or displacement controlled testing modes for quasi-static nanoindentation.
- Nanomechanical properties including hardness, stiffness, and elastic modulus
- 10,000 µN maximum force; 5 µm maximum displacement.
For more information, visit:
For training on this instrument, please contact Dr. Wilson Serem.