Tescan LYRA-3 Model GMH Focused Ion Beam Microscope
- Schottky Field Emission Electron Source
- SE, BSE detectors
- STEM (dark and bright field imaging)
- EBIC imagining system (electron beam induced conductivity)
- Fully integrated Canion Ga LMIS Focused Ion Beam column
- 5-Reservoir Gas Injection System: W deposition, Pt deposition, Insulator (SiOx) deposition, Enhanced Etching (H2O), Enhanced or selective etching of Si, SiO2, Si3N4, W (XeF2)
- SmarAct 3-axis (XYZ) Piezo Nanomanipulator and controller
- Beam Deceleration Mode for imaging at low voltage
- Standard EDS Microanalysis System with X- MaxN 50
- FIB milling (etching) or FIB deposition of well-defined micro and nano structures
- Milling surface cross section to investigate the structure or composition
- Preparation of TEM lamellae and in-situ lift out
The procedure for booking a training session for the LYRA-FIB:
- Book a Pre-Training Meeting with both Dr. Sisi Xiang and Dr. Winson Kuo.
- Set up an iLab account with the MCF by user and PI.
- You will be contacted once your iLab account has been set up.
- Set up the time for actual training between 9:30 am to 12:30 pm; 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm, M-F with the Dr. Xiang.
For training on the TOF-SIMS contact Dr. Yordanos Bisrat.